Welcome to my website! My name is Hossein Sharifi-Noghabi. I was born and raised in a city named Mashhad, in northeast of Iran. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science at Simon Fraser University and Vancouver Prostate Centre in 2021. My main focus is to develop/apply state-of-the-art robust learning systems using transfer learning, adversarial learning, multi-task learning, and domain generalization. During my Ph.D. I worked on transfer learning in precision oncology and pharmacogenomics. Between 2021 and 2022, I was at Novartis under AI4Life Residency Program where I worked on machine learning for data integration on SomaScan proteomics data in collaboration with Data42 and the Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research (NIBR). Currently, I am a machine learning researcher at Borealis AI - Vancouver office.
Machine Learning Researcher, October 2022-Present
- Vancouver office (Vancouver, Canada).
AI4Life Resident, Sep 2021-Sep 2022
- Data42 Team, Novartis (Basel, Switzerland).
Admin Support (Research), June 2020-May 2021
- Princess Margarent Cancer Centre, University Health Network (Toronto, Canada).
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Sep 2016-Sep 2021
- Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada.
M.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence, Sep 2012-Feb 2015
- Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
B.E. in Information Technology, Sep 2008-Aug 2012
- Sadjad University of Technology (former Sadjad Institute of Higher Education), Mashhad, Iran.